- Diagonal cycle crossing on cycle highway F59 in ‘s-Hertogenbosch. Image credit: Google Maps.
- Diagonal cycle crossing on cycle highway F59 in ‘s-Hertogenbosch.
- Diagonal cycle crossing on the junction of Graafseweg and Rozenstraat in Nijmegen. The cycle highway Wijchen – Nijmegen...
- Diagonal cycle crossing on a cycle path along Lundavägen in Malmö, Sweden.
- An example of conflict free traffic light programme with a full set of cycle crossings including diagonal ones (Design...
Diagonal cycle crossing might be a solution on signalised intersections where many cyclists are turning or switching to the other side of a main road. They can also be used for transition between unidirectional cycle lanes or paths on both sides of the road and bidirectional path on one side. They allow cyclists to stop only once instead of twice, on two legs of the intersection. Diagonal crossings are most efficient if integrated with the left/right turning phases for motor vehicles, and not requiring their own dedicated phase.